The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE)
Bid Notice under Open bidding
INVITATION TO BID FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE PROPOSED ANNEX BUILDING FOR FUTURE NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR HIGHER EDUCATION.
Procurement reference No.NCHE/Wrks/14-15/001
1. National Council for Higher Education has allocated funds to be used for the construction of the Proposed Building for the National Council for Higher Education at Plot M834, Kisosonkole Road, Kyambogo
2. National Council for Higher Education invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of the Proposed Building at National Council for Higher Education, Kyambogo, Kampala district, Uganda. The scope of work includes; Construction comprises of a three storeyed complex that has conference hall and offices.
3. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the open domestic bidding procedure contained in the Government of Uganda’s Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2003, and is open to all bidders in eligible source countries
The Bidders shall also meet the following minimum criteria
(a)average annual volume of construction work over the past 5 years of at least UGX 2 billion;
(b)experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least 3 projects of a nature and complexity equivalent to the Works over the last 5 years (to comply with this requirement, works cited should be at least 70 percent complete);
(c)Proposals for the timely acquisition (own, lease, hire, etc.) of the following essential equipment: 20 Tons Flat Body truck…. no., 1.5Ton Lorry Dumpers …no. 20 Tons Tipper Trucks … no. 100Kva Generator …no. 500L Concrete Mixer …no. Concrete 40mm Needle Vibrators …no. 4 600 Blocks per 8 Hours Block Making Machines 600 Blocks per 8 Hours …no. Steel Scaffolding 600(SM)
(d)a Contract Manager with five years’ experience in works of an equivalent nature and volume, including no less than three years as Manager;
(e)liquid assets and/or credit facilities, net of other contractual commitments and exclusive of any advance payments which may be made under the Contract, of no less than UGX 100 million
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from National Council for Higher Education officesand inspect the bidding documents at the address given below at 7 from 9:00am to 5:00am working days.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English languagemay be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below upon payment of a non-refundable fee of 200,000=. The method of payment will be bank deposit details as below:
A/C Name: The National Council for Higher Education–other collections
Bank : Stanbic Bank