NCHE Organises the Annual Higher Education Exibition; event that has sustained a tradition of bringing licensed institutions of Higher learning together since 2006. This accords them the opportunity to network, share, and add value to their various accredited programmes. Institutions showcase their programmes and products specifically in areas of research, technology and innovations. The main objectives are:
- To demonstrate the role-played by universities and higher education in the country’s overall development;
- To educate and inform potential students and the public at large about the programmes available to them in our local higher Education institutions;
- To foster Univversity-industry partnerships;
- To demonstrate the extent to which universities have utilized information communication technologies (ICTs) in the fulfillment of their mandates; and
- To provide a forum to engage stakeholders in a dialogue.
Every effort has been made to involve non-university institutions in the exhibitions. There is consensus that more industry participation would be the desired direction for subsequent exhibitions. Running concurrently with the exhibitions is a series of seminar sessions where stakeholders are engaged in discussions on pertinent issues in higher education.
During the exhibition, universities and other higher education institutions showcase the products and services available to Ugandans, and highlight their responses to the myriad challenges in the higher education sector.
NCHE is committed to raising awareness and utilization by the public of the products and services offered by universities in Uganda